Bum Sum, also known as Golden Rice Durian, Hat Lep 3 Thum, was born and raised in Cai Lay – Tien Giang. Bum Sum durian nest tree is more than 80 years old this year, planted at Mr. 3 Thum’s house. If you have the opportunity to travel to this place, visit Mr. 3 Thum’s house and listen to him tell about the heroic durian anecdote.
Some details about Durian variety Bum Sum
- His variety 3 Thum in Tam Binh commune – Cai Lay – Tien Giang.
- Strong growth, dense green leaves, sparse branches. Branches tend to fall to the base.
- High fruiting rate. The tree is very wrong
- Average weight 0.5 – 1.5kg
- Natural ripening time from 90-100 days.
- Round cylindrical fruit. Bark green-brown, spines small, short, tight.
- Creamy, smooth, drained rice.
- Strong sweet taste, very fatty.
- Light scent
- The seeds are small, but many seeds are not planted widely.
- This variety is still quite few, concentrated on Thanh Binh island – Vinh Long.