There have been many very unique names given to places, what about durian?
Vam Xeo – have you ever heard this name?
Durian tree Vam mute grows right at Vam’s canoe wharf. When it bears ripe fruit, it falls off and then floats all over the island. The villagers picked up the food and found it delicious, then rowed along the canoe, and reached the top of Vam to see the durian tree growing majestically, standing there.
The types of durian that often fall into the water are spoiled, but after 2 days of mutilation, they can still eat. Although the Vam Xeo shell is very thin, difficult to open, but it is not waterproof. Later, people named the tree Vam Xeo and hybridized it to grow it in many places.
What a unique durian variety, let’s learn about the durian variety with this unique name!
About Vam Xeo durian variety
- Origin: Ngu Hiep – Cai Lay – Tien Giang.
- The plant is vigorous, well tolerant to pus disease.
- High fruiting rate.
- Natural ripening time from 110 days.
- Average weight 1.2 – 2kg.
- Left cylindrical, round ass.
- The bark is yellow-green, the spines are small, short, tight.
- Bright yellow rice, dry, flexible, smooth, no fiber.
- Lots of flat seeds.
- Strong sweet taste, very fatty, strong aroma.
- This variety currently has quite a few trees concentrated in Ben Tre.
Durian rice Vam Xeo