Next to the Bi durian line is the Bi 2 Tinh durian. Named so because this is the breed of Mr. 2 Tinh. In the past, this variety was extremely famous like Ri-6 or Monthong now, the price is very expensive because the yellow rice is very beautiful, smooth, soft, fatty, but not fibrous.
However, in the 2000s, due to weather changes, Bi Tinh 2 Tinh was so embarrassed that she couldn’t eat it. Gardeners have tried everything to save this durian variety. By 2008, because they couldn’t stand it, most of them were cut down. Currently, there are only a few pure trees left in Cai Lay – Tien Giang!
Some details about the Durian Bi 2 Tinh
- His breed 2 Tinh in Tam Binh, Cai Lay.
- The tree grows very strongly, with a wide canopy, thin branches, large, dense green leaves.
- Natural ripening time 115 days.
- Average weight 2-3kg.
- The fruit is round in shape, with large, short stalks.
- The bark is dark green, the spines are small, short, and the bottom is concave in the shape of a conical cone.
- The shell is quite thick, a bit difficult to open.
- Bright yellow rice, soft, smooth, no fiber.
- Strong sweetness, fat, heavy aroma.
- Seeds are small, less flat.
- Susceptible to rain.